Saturday, August 10, 2019

#SBSColoredPencils #PlaysWithPencils If I was in charge of naming seaweed...


I sketched in the sun, sand, and salty sea spray. Prismacolor Premier colored pencils and watercolor in Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Journal.


As I walked along the shoreline enjoying the feel of the waves, I discovered many different kinds of seaweed. I made mental notes of each kind along with a fun name to help me remember what it looked like. 

  
Back at the beach blanket, I sketched Tom as he went into the waves, and decorated the page with my algal findings.


Pink Pom-pom Seaweed, Sea Grass, and Sea Lettuce.


Lasagna Noodle Seaweed and Seaweed With-A-Stem-Attached-To-Some-Other-Seaweed.


Bubble-wrap Seaweed and Looks-Like-A-Feather Seaweed.

Nature Journaling outside of the box or in this case without a guide book. You don't always need a Latin binomial or even a botanical level drawing to enjoy recording nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment