Sunday, August 26, 2018

What's on my mind? Yellow Goslings and Red Tulips


What's on my mind?
On the way to Walmart this morning, I saw a white goose with 3 yellow goslings and a garden with beautiful red tulips.


This page in my Strathmore 400 Series Field Watercolor Journal was done on one of the "sketch" sheets and not on one of the 140 lbs watercolor paper pages. This journal alternates between the two kinds. There are 15 sheets of each. 


I wanted to see how the 60 lbs sketch paper held up to watercolors, so after pencil and pen I added a light wash of color.


I didn't want to saturate the paper so I kept it light. The resulting page just didn't have enough color, so I did some colored pencil scribbling over it with Derwent ColourSoft Pencils.


The water did curl and wrinkle the paper, but it was okay for a quick daily sketch!









No comments:

Post a Comment