Friday, January 5, 2018

Art Journal Process: Crystal Geode Tunnel Pages


Creating "Tunnel Pages" in my journal:






I started with tearing a rough rock shape into the page. Then traced around the hole. When I tore the second hole, I made sure to leave a border showing. Lastly, I traced the second hole onto the third page.


I drew the outside of the geode around the first hole and used Daniel Smith Watercolors to paint it in. Primatek colors granulate nicely and look super on rocks. The geode is a green color called Jadeite Genuine.


On the second page, I used Acrylic Matte Medium to glue down pieces of real mica to represent the finer crystal inner layer of the geode. 


On the third page, I painted the amethyst crystals with watercolors and added just a touch of Stickles for sparkle!


I finished off the geode with a miner Gnome inspired by the book Watercolor Fairies (see link below). I used Ranger Distress Markers to color him in.


The face on the Celtic Tree is peeking through the tunnel page.


Art Supplies to play with:


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You continue to be awesome! this is just too great! Thanks for the lovely class.

    ReplyDelete