Friday, December 29, 2017

Art and Oatmeal: A Friend's Freesia


Sketching in the kitchen with Kay. She had a lovely Freesia! Watercolors in a Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Journal.


During Art and Oatmeal the next day, I decided I wanted to sketch the Freesia again trying a different color and composition.


I thought I wanted lighter pink flowers but in the end, I liked the original darker purple flowers better! I painted fewer leaves in this version, and I like the "airier" feel to the composition. So it's the flowers from the first picture and the leaves from the second one! Always find something you love about your art, even if it is just one square inch!


Speaking of one square inch, there was an oops - a dark green blob. And in the spirit of Carolyn Dube, I took it as an "Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly" to add a lively insect to the sketch.





No comments:

Post a Comment