Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29th: Thinking about Froads and Togs


There was a hoppy toad in the barn. I put him out in the garden because I thought that maybe the barn cats would pester him too much. That action might not have been necessary, apparently (not from personal experience) toads taste really yucky. The cats may have learned to leave toads alone (from personal experience). And just perhaps, the toad may have loved the taste of the grain beetles that in found there!


On my mind: Do adult toads swim?
Yes! 
It must be true
that they do 
I saw it on youtube.


While on the subject of amphibians... I wondered if my lily pads were too small or if my frogs were too fat. Perhaps the frog in the pond just liked being half submerged in the water...cooler that way?

http://possumpatty.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-blue-gossamer-confusion.html







No comments:

Post a Comment