Sunday, June 26, 2016

Heavenly Blue Chicory and the Heavenly Scent of Milkweed


June 25th and the Milkweed blossoms in the garden smell so wonderful! I didn't sketch in all of the florets, so just image about twice as many as you see here.


Driving down the highway, I couldn't help but notice that the Chicory plants were painting the side of the road with their heavenly blue flowers. Each bloom fades in only a day, but there's another one waiting to open the next morning. I have a lax immigration policy when it comes to most, but not all, non-native plants. I love this one! Does anyone know how to mix up paint to get a vivid Chicory blue?


The rain gauge is screaming that we are 2 inches short of where we should be at this point in June. The grass is crispy and the Bee Balm is as limp as a dish rag. There was a thunder storm in the area last night. Stinky's ear starting twitching. She heard the thunder before I did. Noise but no rain.




http://possumpatty.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-21st-whats-on-my-mind-cherries-and.html









No comments:

Post a Comment