Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Legend of the Lilac Part 1


Oh, no! No oatmeal with sliced apples. Met some friends for breakfast out at the shiny new diner. It's all glass and reflective metal and blue lights. Very Art Deco. I felt as if I was visiting Dorothy in the Emerald City. Well, if only the lights had been green.


When I arrived back home, I did not pick up a pencil. I was in the mood to sketch with Gouache. Now this doesn't happen very often and I'm new at this particular medium, but I have these lovely Schmincke Horadam Gouache colors that I ordered last year to do an art lesson. As you can see, there's lots left in the tubes!

Since May 3rd is the celebration of Lilac Day and the Lilac's in the yard are blooming, I thought that I would sketch those flowers.


I also used Titanium White and quinacridone violet.


No comments:

Post a Comment