Monday, May 16, 2016

Art and Oatmeal: Ink-A-Doodle on Bristol Paper: Old Man Oak


Art and oatmeal with Georgia blueberries and an assortment of inks on Canson Bristol 100 lbs Smooth paper. Part of my "Oh, Let's try out ALL the art supplies on Bristol paper and see what happens" series. Why? Just because I'm such a creative soul. And besides, it's something I've never done before. I love to explore and discover!


Last night, I started doodling on the Bristol paper and came up with Old Man Oak Tree. This morning, I am using my Lamy pen with black Noodler's Ink to outline all of the patches of color.


This is what he looked like before using the Lamy. I used the ink that I found in my art supply closet and a size 0 round paint brush. Some water was added here and there as you can tell by the blurry bits.















I really need to do something about my lack of inks! This is all that I found: Higgins in a dark brick red, Liquitex in sap green and Noodlers' back.

When I thought that I was done, I remembered that there was a jar of Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof white somewhere. After finding it, I just had to add a few white stipples here and there.

The Bristol paper warped a bit before I glued it into my journal. Maybe I should have glued it down first to keep it from doing that?


Here he is all finished! What an interesting character! I must write his story.

http://possumpatty.blogspot.com/2016/05/breakfast-blooms-holly-doodle-hocks-koh.html










Amazon Associate!

No comments:

Post a Comment