Thursday, August 4, 2016

Mug Shots May Not Be My Cup-of-Tea...


Egads! This is suppose to be a picture of the mug that was a gift from the Millersville Literacy Institute students. I'm afraid I did not do it justice. The actual mug is really quite nice.


 Maybe it's hot chocolate? I started with regular watercolors and added some opaque ones as well. Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Journal.

Liz Steel receives china tea cups as gifts. She sure does make tea cups look stunning. And she's only painted about 600 pictures of them for practice! Check out her website:  http://www.lizsteel.com/cuppa-tea-time-a-teacup-step-by-step/  

I get mugs. I'm sure I'm more of a mug person anyway. I'd probably break the china. Can a mug look elegant in its own way? I guess I'll have to paint 599 more to find out...


No comments:

Post a Comment