Friday, March 2, 2018

#30Pages30Days Sktchy Challenge Page 2 March 2 and Friday Face


#30Pages30Days Page 2 March 2
Sktchy Challenge
Sktchy Friday Face
30 minutes


Today's challenge encourages the use of a sketchbook as a playground to try new things. I found these Derwent Drawing Pencils in the closet. I must have had them for at least 10 years and they have never seen the inside of a sharpener so you know I haven't used them much! The colors are: Chinese White, Brown Ochre, Sanguine, Sepia (red), Chocolate, and Ivory Black. Jane Davenport Canvas Journal.

Differences that I found between these pencils and "colored" pencils are:  1. these pencils seem waxy but they do not cover as smoothly as Prismacolors and 2. these pencils will erase, if not completely, at least enough to cover with area with a different color. 

Please check out my first "voice over" art process video. I've been making these videos for a few months, teaching myself how to film, edit, and upload. And now, how to do voice over.

Why? The Viewers have spoken!  Speed is better than normal and narration is better than music. They want to hear the artist and the thought process. Hmmm, thought process?





No comments:

Post a Comment