Sunday, March 11, 2018

#30Pages30Days Sktchy Challenge Page 10 March 10 Draw directly with ink.

#30Pages30Days 
Page 10 March 10
Amelia Sweetheart


"A portrait is a painting in which something is wrong with the mouth." John Singer Sargent  But.....


"You can paint over the black ink lines with gouache!" Roz Stendahl  Amelia's mouth before and then after, gouache.


Sktchy Challenge to draw directly in ink. I did. "If you go wrong - leave the line and carry on." Anita Davies I did, for a while, and then I returned to those wrong lines and painted the suckers OUT. 


Since I don't have an iPhone and therefore, don't have a Sktchy App, I sketched from this photo of my grandniece while waiting for an appointment at the doctor's office. I only had 10 or 15 minutes, and I WAS trying to observe and carefully place my lines, but the mouth and chin just got away from me.


I thought I could "fix" the problem when I added watercolor. All I could say at this point was: Egads!


But with patience and gouache... I got a result that I could be happy with. Ink, watercolor, and gouache in my Jane Davenport Canvas Journal.

Watch the process!





No comments:

Post a Comment