Friday, March 23, 2018

#30Pages30Days Page 22 March 22 Not a True Representation: The Digestive System


#30Pages30Days Page 22 March 22
Sktchy Challenge:  I think learning to pre-plan is part of developing a daily sketching practice. 


Before going to a doctor's appointment, I splashed some bright watercolors on a page in my Jane Davenport Canvas Journal. I threw the journal and a handful of Derwent ColourSoft Pencils into my purse and headed out. 


I decided to use the digestive system as an inspiration for the doodle since that was why I was at the doctor's. 


I only had a short wait, so I finished the doodle at home. I labeled the the different areas as parts of the digestive system with a Micron Pen.


I had received a brochure at the office which served as the source for the little white rabbit collage element. My favorite line from the medical material was "Artistic Rendition. Not a True Representation..." so I included that at the bottom of the page. The molecular formula was copied from the brochure with a Pentel Brush Pen.

I talk about the process here:




No comments:

Post a Comment