Wednesday, May 1, 2019

#SketchbookRevival2019 #TamaraLaporte Phantasmagorical Reality: Mushrooms

Study nature closely and you will discover forms that are more fantastic than anything you may imagine or create!


One example is the morphology of fungi. I created an entire village out of the shapes of mushrooms that I found in a guide book.


The village was inspired by a lesson on Sketchbook Revival 2019 with Tamara Laporte. Of course, her lesson did not include mushrooms. My Nature Journaling influences my creativity and my creativity influences my Nature Journaling!




Close-ups of sketch before watercolors added.


Nature Journaling about mushroom forms. My fellow Master Naturalist and Journalist, Carol, is my inspiration for putting so many little 'shrooms on one page. 


Ink and watercolor in my Jane Davenport Canvas Journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment