Monday, January 30, 2017

One Drawing A Day (the book) - Day 26 - Draw Clouds...


I don't talk politics, so what else can be said of January 2017? Here in the Mid-Atlantic region it was warmer than usual, and there was one sunny day. The rest of the month was cloudy, mostly cloudy, or at least partly cloudy. Connie shared her outstanding crayon drawing of clouds with me and I was inspired to give it a go myself. The resulting clouds do not resemble the gray clouds that I was looking at but that is quite alright with me because they were just plain fun to do. And I may just do more! After all "I make stuff to be making it - not to have made it." ...Danny Gregory. 


This is the book that I borrowed from the library:
One Drawing a Day: A 6 Week Course Exploring Creativity with Illustration and Mixed Media by Veronica Lawlor. Day 26 is sketching cloud shapes. The variation is to use watercolors and pastels. 


I used crayons. Wow, look at the texture! Done in the Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Journal.


First layer was made with Crayola True to Life Twistables. They are colored pencils/crayons with two or three colors swirled in each stick. They blend to get interesting color variations. You could call these "precious art supplies" because I don't think True to Life colors are made anymore. Couldn't find them on Crayola.com and on Amazon they are $49.99. I know I only paid a few dollars for them.


The second layer was made with Crayola crayons.  Coloring is not just for kids!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for making my day begin with a smile.
    Lori Davidson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for beginning my day with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colorful clouds. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete