Friday, July 26, 2019

#SBSColoredPencils #PlaysWithPencils Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colored Pencils: Color Swatches

  
#SBSColoredPencils  #PlaysWithPencils You know the old saying "I'm not an artist, I'm an art supply collector," well, taking a kourse with Sketchbook Skool will inspire you to get out those supplies and actually use them! I completely forgot I had these woodless Koh-I-Noor colored pencils and I had no idea that they were oil-based until I dragged them out to learn and play.


Because they are oil-based, I tried some Turpenoid on them for a blender. I used a Q-tip instead of a brush and I made a bit of a mess. Not at all deterred, I then just blended two colors together by layering one over the other. These pencils do play together quite nicely. 


I love the richness of these jewel-like colors and will have to play with them some more. Just in case you are wondering what this is, she's a "mer-chicken" or a "chicken-o-the-sea".



No comments:

Post a Comment