Friday, December 22, 2017

A Disaster turned into "A Summer Garden Journal Page"

juillet 2017 jardin


I was just happily engaged with gesso and acrylics and other art supplies too numerous to even remember, when I decided to dry the page with a heat tool.....


... everything started to crack and buckle and peel off. You can just see a touch of it in the page gutter.


I didn't take any pictures at the time... I was too busy trying to figure out what to do to save the page!


I scraped and painted and scraped and tried more paint and just kept going until eventually things started to stick to the page.


There's still a few spots that want to peel away... but I am happy with the quality of the black ink lines!


Gesso, acrylic paint, and "too many different products that probably shouldn't be used together" in my Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Journal. 





No comments:

Post a Comment