Thursday, September 1, 2016

Art and Oatmeal with Peaches and.....Caterpillars???


A small piece of paper with the number 3 written on it was  bestowed upon me for safe-keeping by the Lancaster Entomological and Butterfly Society. Within days I had 4 tiny dark-colored Imperial Moth caterpillars. Everyday I fed them and cleaned their container.


A breakfast only a naturalist can appreciate!


And, no, I did not eat the caterpillars. Just sketched them during breakfast. 


They eat White Pine needles. The container had a nice piney scent.


Part of my "Possum Patty's Sketch and Release Program." These guys are almost ready to dig down into the ground to pupate and overwinter, so I put them out into our stand of White Pines. Blessings and good luck!


http://possumpatty.blogspot.com/2016/06/a-blue-gossamer-confusion.html










No comments:

Post a Comment