Sunday, February 14, 2016

News from the Mushroom - stamp


 

"News from the Mushroom"

Hand-made stamp - Here's my process!


I used a Speedball lino cutter and a sheet of Speedball Speedy-Carve.


I sketched a group of mushrooms right on the Speedy-carve with a pencil.


I inked the sheet before cutting, it makes the process easier. I just opened the stamp pad and rubbed it right on the sheet and then wiped off the excess. I started with the wide blade and cut away the background. Afterwards, I used the smaller blades for finer details.


When I was happy with the stamp, I cut away the excess with scissors.


I used two colors of Memento Ink for my first stamping. 
One for the stems and one for the 'shroom tops.


I actually inked the stamp and put it right side up on the bird page to the right. Then I closed the page on the left over it. I rubbed the page really well with my fingers and the heel of my hand.


Voila! I think I will leave the extra marks. I like the texture.


I added the words with a store-bought letter stamp set. 

2 comments:

  1. You did well cutting your own stamp! When I did this, I had more texture marks than you did. Did you know that you can ink with watercolor markers in two different colors? Color the stamp with the markers, then huff on the stamp to moisten the inks again and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, Dolores! I left those marks on purpose because I wanted the wood print handmade sort of look. Sometimes I take them all off. Thanks for the comment! Blessings & Bubbles...oooOOO

      Delete