Friday, January 29, 2016

Derwent Inktense: Faded Love Affair?


When I bought these Derwent Inktense colored pencils in 2009, I loved the way they looked on the paper. And the colors were awesome! Then ugly rumors starting appearing on the webber-net. Rumors about that four letter word that begins with "F". Yes, you know what I'm talking about : FADE. Artists were kicking these pencils to the curb. Giving them away. Throwing them away! All because they said those bright yummy colors faded. Egads! What was I to do?  I decided to not make that decision, took a deep breath, and put the pencils carefully away in a drawer. 



Recently, I came across these kitty sketches that were done in back in 2009 during my happy days with the Inktense pencils. I was curious to see if they had faded at all. So I carefully took the pencils out of the drawer, cut off the edge of the paper that the sketches were done on, and made some color swatches.



I wish I had used more color on the original cats, but as far as I can tell, the orange, brown, and black have not noticeably faded over the last 6 plus years. Should I put it all away for another 6 years and then retest? Or just ignore the "F*@#" rumors? What to you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment