Monday, October 7, 2019

An Extra Treat for TiTi Today!


Titi kept jumping up on the bed. Not her usual “let's see if I can sneak as softly as I can onto the foot of the bed and curl up next to someone's foot in the middle of the night” manner , but bouncing on my legs as hard as she could. After she was shooshed off numerous times, she boldly jumped up and sat right next to my head. Again, I put her off of the bed, and again and again she continued to jump up. This behavior was definitely not her pattern. “What is up with this cat?” I wondered now fully awake. And now that I was awake, I heard a faint beeping. On and off. Every minute or so. An alarm? Too faint for the smoke alarm which is a blaring noise. By now Tom is awake, too. We get up to check it out. On venturing into the basement after checking all of the rooms upstairs, I discovered the source of the mysterious sound that the cat was trying to alert me to. The smoke/CO2 alarm was quietly beeping and stating in a calm woman's voice that the battery was low. No crisis, but thankful to my cat who tried to wake me when was something was amiss! 


An extra treat for Titi today!

No comments:

Post a Comment