Thursday, November 15, 2018

Playing with Distress Crayons - Poinsettia


Playing with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons by Ranger. I was lucky to find two packs of 6 each for a very reasonable price at the Farmer's Market.

Art Process:


I started with blocking color for the bracts, leaves, and stem of the Poinsettia.


Close up.


Brushing with water to activate colors but not obliviate the crayon marks.


Close up.


After the page dried, I added a second layer of color with the crayons.


I thought I was done but I wasn't happy with the way that the Poinsettia was looking.  A bit too stiff!  


So I added more color plus black lines with a Sakura Glaze Pen and white lines with a dip pen and Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White to create movement.


Strathmore 400 Series Wirebound Watercolor Journal.

Distress Crayons color swatches:

No comments:

Post a Comment