Tuesday, May 1, 2018

#SketchbookRevival Day 8 Mandalas and Patterns


Happy May Day Mandala! 

Reviving my daily sketchbook practice with Jane Snedden Peever http://www.jspcreate.com/meet-jane/


Micron Pen and VeriThin Prismacolor Colored Pencils in Strathmore 400 Series Field Watercolor Journal.

Start with a grid to base your design on (supplied by Jane).


I placed the grid under a page in my journal and used a graphite pencil and an eraser to establish a repeating pattern based on the circle divided into 6 sections.


Next, I traced over the pencil lines with a Micron Pen 05. 


I gently erased the pencil marks. Before using Prismacolor Verithins to add color. I chose them because their hard thin core makes coloring small spaces a breeze.





1 comment:

  1. This is just wonderful! I'm also enjoying the Sketchbook Revival course- what a gift. Have not yet posted on Facebook or my blog, but I will eventually. It's quite a pace!

    ReplyDelete