Sunday, April 1, 2018

#30Pages30Days Page 25 March 25 Sktchy Challenge: Be a Copycat.


#30Pages30Days Page 25 March 25
Sktchy Challenge: Be a Copycat.


This challenge arrived just when I borrowed the movie Loving Vincent from the Library. I took notice of a jar of blue flowers (Delphiniums?) by Dr. Gachet's side during his interview in the movie. I found an image of it on the internet, printed it out, and used it as the material for my "copycat". The idea behind being a copycat is to explore your favorite artist's process more deeply.


This was a fun little project. Some things that I noticed were van Gogh's brush strokes, the heavy black lines around the objects, and the use of a lot of blues, especially blue flowers in front of a blue background. Acrylic paint in my Jane Davenport Canvas Journal.

Narrated and time-lapse video of the process:




1 comment: